[ntp:questions] How to insert a leap second with ntpq

ZHOU.Jun dimotion.zhou at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 04:01:10 UTC 2012

在 2012年6月20日星期三UTC+8下午9时00分31秒,ZHOU.Jun写道:
> 在 2012年6月20日星期三UTC+8下午1时42分04秒,Dave Hart写道:
> > On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 4:30 AM, ZHOU.Jun wrote:
> > > I need to do some tests with ntpd and I want to have NTP packets set Leap
> > > indicator in order to insert a leap second to a Linux server running ntp client.
> > >
> > > How can I configure the server to generate a packet with Leap indicator 0x01?
> >
> > Install the "leapfile" informing ntpd of the leap second to be
> > inserted at the end of this month:
> >
> > http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Support/ConfiguringNTP#Section_6.14.
> >
> > Set the clock to the last day of this month -- verify with "date -u"
> > which will show the UTC time.  The insertion happens at the start of
> > July 1 UTC.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Dave Hart
>
> Hi Hart
> Thanks for your information.
> I will follow your method.

Hello Hart,
I found that my ntp version is 3-5.93e which is before 4.2.6
So I should use the method 6.14.2. NTP Versions before 4.2.6 right?
If I am right, then from the description, I think I need to copy this leap second file to crypto directory. So could you tell me where is the crypto directory?
Thanks in advance.
The leap second file must be copied to the crypto directory configured for ntpd, and inside that directory a link must be created which points to that file. The standard name for the link is ntpkey_leap. However, this can be overridden by a configuration parameter.