[ntp:questions] How to insert a leap second with ntpq

ZHOU.Jun dimotion.zhou at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 09:16:55 UTC 2012

在 2012年6月21日星期四UTC+8下午2时32分31秒,Harlan Stenn写道:
> Zhou Xiansheng,
>
> > I found that my ntp version is 3-5.93e which is before 4.2.6
> > So I should use the method 6.14.2. NTP Versions before 4.2.6 right?
>
> 3-5.93e is *very* old for software:
>
>  http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Dev/ReleaseTimeline
>
> It is NTP3 code, not NTP4.  Probably from the spring or summer of 1997.
>
> Is it difficult to upgrade to newer software?

Yes, because this version is used by our costumers.
I have to be  in line with  them.
Another question,in my case, I have two NTP server. NTP1 and NTP2
NTP1 is the server and NTP2 is the client.
Normally, I will trigger leap second from NTP1, then theoretically, NTP2 will receive leap second.
Then how can i confirm that NTP2 received the leap second from NTP1?
Thank in advance.