[ntp:questions] ESR looking for good GPS clocks

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 04:35:03 UTC 2012

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 4:03 PM, Michael Deutschmann
<michael at talamasca.ocis.net> wrote:

> (Not my dream though.  If I was to go to the trouble of installing a box
> outside my home and routing a cable through the wall to my computers,
> I'd like some weather sensors in the deal as well as just time...)

No point in that because the weather data can be sent wirelessly from
outdoors.   I tried to route wires and very quickly found it was
easier to place the NTP server near the GPS and use a two foot cable.
 The whole setup is on a top shelf of an interior closet

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California