[ntp:questions] got the Sure GPS on order, how do I program it
Ron Frazier (NTP)
timekeepingntplist at c3energy.com
Tue Mar 6 03:04:15 UTC 2012
OK, I went and ordered the Sure GPS board, cables, box, hardware, etc.
I even bought a cheapie soldering station for $ 20. Other than the
mechanical setup which I can figure out and the patches which David
Taylor has documented, I need to know how to program the unit when it comes.
Specifically, can someone tell me how to:
* change the baud rate
* change which sentences are output
* change the update interval
* enable waas, if that matters for timing
* set fixed location mode, if available
* restore nav mode
* do a warm restart
* do a cold restart
* do a reset to factory defaults
* save the settings to flash or backup memory so I don't lose them when
it's powered off
* if possible, output only the GPZDA sentence
* Any other magic you think I should know.
The manual seems to be missing most of these details. As always, any
help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
(PS - If you email me and don't get a quick response, don't be concerned.
I get about 300 emails per day from alternate energy mailing lists and
such. I don't always see new messages very quickly. If you need a
reply and have not heard from me in 1 - 2 weeks, send your message again.)
timekeepingdude AT c3energy.com
More information about the questions