[ntp:questions] Peer Review of ntpq -c rv

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 15:46:05 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 4:26 AM, Alby VA <albyva at empire.org> wrote:

>  I'm looking to get a little feedback on if the following output of my
> Sure GPS / FreeBSD
> setup looks like its running smoothly and keeping time correctly.

The graphs say your system is running "well enough" for most purposes
but a BSD system with a Sure GPS can do about 100 times better.    You
could be at the single or double digits of u-seconds, not mS.

Two questions:
1) How is the GPS physically connected, and how long and what types of
cables?  Does the PC need RS232 voltages and you are feeding it TTL?
2) Where is the antenna, what is near it?  Anything reflective and how
much of the sky can it see.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California