[ntp:questions] Peer Review of ntpq -c rv

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Wed Mar 7 16:28:24 UTC 2012

"Alby VA" <albyva at empire.org> wrote in message
news:fd63494a-4a9a-47d1-b640-fe2578b051ec at hs8g2000vbb.googlegroups.com...
[]
> You might be right. It could be mislabeled. I pretty much did a Cut-
> Paste from some website for my MRTG setup. Here is what I have listed.

> #ntpstat.pl

> #GetNTP3000usec.pl

"some Web site" is likely mine, at least for the second script!

  http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/NTPandMRTG.html

You can run the Perl scripts interactively to verify that the output is
correct.  On Windows, you would run:

  perl ntpstat.pl

  perl GetNTP3000usec.pl godzilla

Both graphs suggest you could do a lot better, and I would be interested
to hear your answers to Chris's questions.  I suggest updating to a more
recent NTP as well, as it did virtually eliminate the "badformat" errors I
was seeing from:

  ntpq "-c cv &2" <server>

Cheers,
David