[ntp:questions] got the Sure GPS on order, how do I program it

unruh unruh at invalid.ca
Wed Mar 7 18:32:08 UTC 2012

>> While it is true that the device does work out of the box, one might
>> want to change things, and for that a manual is crucial.
>
> Helpful, certainly, but not crucial.  You can just the program kindly
> provided by one of the helpful, regular posters here, Terje Mathisen.
> Play!  Have fun!  Enjoy discovering the device!

Trying to figure out the exact format of commands to send to accomplish
something is not "play". It is an exercise in futility. commands have
very very specific syntax, and discovering that syntax and what any
particular command does by trial and error is hopeless.

Anyway, for the Sure chip manuals (for other boards) are available
fortunately. However, I would not let sure off the hook for their
woefully inadequate manual.