[ntp:questions] got the Sure GPS on order, how do I program it

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 19:28:33 UTC 2012

> Anyway, for the Sure chip manuals (for other boards) are available
> fortunately. However, I would not let sure off the hook for their
> woefully inadequate manual.

It _is_ fair to blame Sure Electronic.  They selected the chip.  If
they selected one with poor documentation it's them who did that.
They could have picked some other chip with better docs.

That is one reason I like the Motorola brand and the Trimble brand or
even Rockwell GPSes.   They have first rate docs written in the USA by
 real technical writers speak English as their native language.
(Actually I'd buy the Sure stuff if it saved me a ton of money or
worked better.)

But on the other hand, the Sure GPS works well enough if you can build
a custom serial/PPS cable and then just turn it on.  You don't need to
know how it works if you are using it only for NTP.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California