[ntp:questions] what does meinberg graph of peerstats file mean

Ron Frazier (NTP) timekeepingntplist at c3energy.com
Thu Mar 8 19:39:53 UTC 2012

On 3/8/2012 1:42 PM, David J Taylor wrote:
> "Ron Frazier (NTP)" <timekeepingntplist at c3energy.com> wrote in message
> news:4F58EEC2.2070502 at c3energy.com...
> []
>> Double click on a peerstats file that's in the same directory.  It
>> will produce a graph.  I'm just not totally sure what it means.
>>
>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Ron
>
> It means nothing.  The program deals with loopstats data, as I suggested.
>
> Cheers,
> David

I wouldn't say it means nothing.  It appears to be going through every
line in the log file and graphing the offset from each server from my
system clock as time goes by.  That could have some value.  It lets me
know how far out I am from the internet servers over time.  Many lines
in the peerstats file represent my GPS, so deviations away from that
baseline are what the internet servers are doing relative to me.

Sincerely,

Ron