[ntp:questions] Peer Review of ntpq -c rv

David Lord snews at lordynet.org
Fri Mar 9 16:11:20 UTC 2012

Alby VA wrote:

>>>  David:
>>>  Can I get your mrtg.cfg and perl script for those graph/stats?
>>> I think mine are just mislabeled...
>> They can be downloaded from
>>
>> <ftp://ftp0.lordynet.org.uk/pub/os/NetBSD/mrtg_ntp.tbz>
>>
>> David
>

> David:
>
>  I downloaded your configs and setup MRTG to run GetNTPus_ntpq.pl,
> but it doesn't seem to be pulling any data. Did I miss something?

I've just modified my graph for PPS to scale to 100us
rather than 12000us. I wasn't able to get the graph to
start building. The mrtg package has been changed slightly
with mrtgindexmaker being renamed to indexmaker since I
first set it up.

1. stopped the mrtg cron jobs.
2. removed all of my me6000* files from the webpage (or I
    could have just added an entry for an extra graph).
3. indexmaker /usr/pkg/etc/mrtg/mrtg-ntp.cfg \
    --output=/home/www/servers/www.lordynet.org.uk\
    /pages/mrtg/stats/ntp/index.html
4. restarted mrtg cron jobs

The new graph appeared after the next polling period.

David