[ntp:questions] got the Sure GPS on order, how do I program it

Charles Elliott elliott.ch at verizon.net
Mon Mar 12 18:08:06 UTC 2012

I found many copies of the "MTK NMEA Packet User Manual" by doing a Google
search on $PMTK[NNN].  Some are far more complete that others, and the GPS
chip in the SURE board may not implement all the instructions given in a
particular manual.

Purchasing a new soldering iron with a small tip is a great idea.  Make sure
you cool the solder joint as soon as possible with your wet finger.  Using
small diameter wire as indicated on www.satsignal.eu/ntp/Sure-GPS.htm is
also a good idea.

Good luck!

Charles Elliott