[ntp:questions] Offset Average (Normal)?

Alby VA albyva at empire.org
Tue Mar 13 21:25:49 UTC 2012

On Mar 13, 4:33 pm, "David J Taylor" <david-
tay... at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
> Commenting that integer microseconds are not really enough precision for
> what you are now trying to plot, and hoping that someone more
> knowledgeable than me will tell us what command to use to get a more
> precise offset!  In the loopstats file, the offset is recorded to 9
> decimal places (nanoseconds).
>
> Cheers,
> David

 Hmmmmm, what do you think about this command for getting
loopstat data?

tail -n1 -r loopstats | awk '{print $3}'

tail -n1 -r loopstats  = This looks at the last line of the loopstat
file
awk  '{print $3}' === This pulls the data from the 3rd field which is
the offset info

Example:
--
godzilla# tail -n1 -r loopstats | awk '{print $3}'
0.000002814

 If you could code that into a perl script that MRTG uses, we'd be
golden.