[ntp:questions] NTP, SNMP on FreeBSD 8.2

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Wed Mar 14 15:26:20 UTC 2012

Folks,

I'm interested to know whether my install of NTP on FreeBSD 8.2 includes
SNMP support or not.  If it doesn't, then I may try a recompile, but
first:

1 - can anyone point me to the correct place to download the appropriate
MIB?  I did find:

  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ntp-ntpv4-mib-07

but the MIB information is interspersed with page headers, and whilst I
did try and edit it, I can't be sure it compiled, and hence a plain MIB
would be preferable.  I did look elsewhere but only found Meinberg and
Cisco MIBs which could be proprietary.

2 - In the absence of a properly compiled MIB, can anyone point me to a
numeric OID which should be visible if NTP/SNMP is running?  Ideally, the
OID corresponding to:

  ntpq "-c rv 0 offset"

I can then use GetIF (or whatever) to look for that OID from my FreeBSD
ssytem.

Thanks,
David