[ntp:questions] ARRGH!!! I woke up to a 50 SECOND clock error.

Rick Jones rick.jones2 at hp.com
Wed Mar 14 22:31:32 UTC 2012

Any chance these PCs are using a timesource (in the system somewhere)
that isn't constant in the face of power management events?

The other pink tiger (vs elephant) in your house could/would be the
wifi - at least in terms of being a "stable" network type.  Some of
the bufferbloat <http://www.bufferbloat.net/> folks have little nice
to say about wireless.

rick jones
http://www.netperf.org/