[ntp:questions] Sure gps looses all sattelite fixes

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 15:14:54 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 6:26 AM, Ron Frazier (NTP)
<timekeepingntplist at c3energy.com> wrote:

> Is that unit compatible with the Sure board?  Wouldn't you need some sort of
> antenna connector adapter?  Will the Sure board provide power to it?

If the Sure GPS gan provide 5 volts then it will work.   You would
need a cable between the Antenna and board.   If the cable did not
already have the correct connectors at each end, then yes you need
adaptors.  I like to use "N" type connectors outdoors

As some one else said "Is 26dB enough?"  that depends on how sensitive
the receiver is in the Sure.  Hopefully there is a user manual with
this information.    But this 26dB antenna is just an example, there
are many others like it but with different amplifiers inside.  (You
can find a Trimble "bullet" if you look)  I find the 26dB is enough
for either my Motorola Oncore or my Trimble Thunderbolt.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California