[ntp:questions] PSYCHO PC clock is advancing at 2 HR per second

Ron Frazier (NTP) timekeepingntplist at c3energy.com
Tue Mar 20 03:56:20 UTC 2012

Hi Dave H,

Thanks for the info and for looking into the issue.  I meant that the
clock was psycho, not the PC.  The PC is normally very tame and
cooperative, as cooperative as Windows gets anyway.  These GPS
experiments have certainly brought several surprises though.

I run both Windows and Ubuntu Linux, but in this case, the system is:

Windows 7 Home Premium SP 1
NTPD 4.2.7p259

LOCL has been removed.  However, that brings up a question.  Since I'm
doing tests with the internet clocks noselected (but still monitoring
them), and the GPS is the only selectable clock, what happens if it
becomes invalid?  The whole reason I put LOCL in there was to allow the
machine to "coast" if the GPS signal became invalid.

How would I go about checking the event log?

Sincerely,

Ron