[ntp:questions] YEA! My Sure Electronics GPS just arrived.

Uwe Klein uwe at klein-habertwedt.de
Mon Mar 26 09:27:56 UTC 2012

DaveB wrote:
> Ron.  To "fix" wandering com ports in Windows, take a look at:-
> https://fedorahosted.org/fldigi/wiki/Documentation/HOWTO/Windows_USBSeri
> al

The most irritating issue I found under linux is that
most manufacturers of commodity stuff like serial USB adapters
don't programm serial numbers into their devices.

Having a bunch of serial lines to different physical devices
mapped in random is a major bother.
( One solution is to attach them in fixed order to one hub.
    then attach the hub.
    ports on one hub always seem to have the same enumeration order )

uwe