[ntp:questions] New to group: radio/audio interest

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Wed May 9 04:00:03 UTC 2012

Hi Alan,

What you are doing is pretty much what I did when I worked on it years
ago.  The trick is that what works for some folks seems to break the
driver for others, and vice-versa.

Most folks only run 1 audio source so using 1 channel is fine.  Some
folks do run multiple audio sources and want the ability to feed one
signal into the L channel and the other signal into the R channel.

I do find it strange that you need the O_NDELAY and to a lesser extent
the O_NOCTTY flags for that open.  It may be that most folks who use an
ICOM who would otherwise have this problem hard-wire something to avoid
issues with DCD or DTR, not sure.

What happens if you flat-out enable all of the info.{play,record}.*
initializations?