[ntp:questions] fr.pool.ntp.org not serving NTP anymore

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Mon May 14 23:37:57 UTC 2012

Hi--

On May 11, 2012, at 2:40 AM, Jean-Christophe wrote:
> I have a bunch of communicating objects spread around the country that
> are using fr.pool.ntp.org hardcoded to get their date / time. It
> worked perfectly until May the 8th, but now, this domain name won't
> exchange NTP anymore.

That name seems to resolve here:

% dig fr.pool.ntp.org @8.8.8.8
; <<>> DiG 9.6-ESV-R4-P3 <<>> fr.pool.ntp.org @8.8.8.8
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 3, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;fr.pool.ntp.org.		IN	A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
fr.pool.ntp.org.	132	IN	A	88.190.19.201
fr.pool.ntp.org.	132	IN	A	193.55.167.2
fr.pool.ntp.org.	132	IN	A	88.190.36.64

...and all three of the IPs it returned seem to be running a sync'ed ntpd.
Can you be a little more specific about what you think is wrong?

Regards,
--
-Chuck