[ntp:questions] fr.pool.ntp.org not serving NTP anymore

Tue May 15 00:57:45 UTC 2012

Jean-Christophe wrote:
> I have a bunch of communicating objects spread around
>  the country that are using fr.pool.ntp.org hardcoded
>  to get their date / time.
> It worked perfectly until May the 8th, but now,
>  this domain name won't exchange NTP anymore.
>
> I know using a single hardcoded address is not really clever,
>  but is there a chance "fr.pool.ntp.org" get back serving NTP
>  again?  So I wouldn't have to go to each systems and replace
>  them with a new version. (would be a real disaster)

fr.pool.ntp.org
    Type=A, Class=1, TTL=390 (6 Minutes 30 Seconds), RDLENGTH=4
    IP Address=194.57.169.1
- Name=fr.pool.ntp.org
    Type=A, Class=1, TTL=390 (6 Minutes 30 Seconds), RDLENGTH=4
    IP Address=46.105.164.108
- Name=fr.pool.ntp.org
    Type=A, Class=1, TTL=390 (6 Minutes 30 Seconds), RDLENGTH=4
    IP Address=81.25.192.148

All three seem to be serving time.

FYI: <http://www.pool.ntp.org/en/vendors.html>

If you have a bunch of devices using it,
 why don't you have a vendor pool?

e.g. 0.devisubox.pool.ntp.org
     1.devisubox.pool.ntp.org
     2.devisubox.pool.ntp.org