[ntp:questions] What is the NTP recovery time from 16s step in GPSserver?

David Lord snews at lordynet.org
Thu Nov 1 20:57:23 UTC 2012

David Taylor wrote:
> On 01/11/2012 09:27, David Lord wrote:
> []
>> I lost 7 x pcs Jun-Sept this year after local mains substation
>> transformer self destructed so my system with GPS is down.
> []
>> David
>
> Very sorry to hear about that David, a true pain!  Perhaps a chance to
> replace with some lower-power kit, though?

Four of those were/are < 50W each and a low power Soekris equivalent
is too expensive for me if the existing motherboards and ram are
still working. I need two or three ethernet and am unable to find
equivalent boards for less than arm + leg prices. How many watts do
I need to save for spending an extra 200 quid per board?

I now have a couple of new Atom boards but overlooked the lack of
eide interfaces :-(
I've never tried PXE-boot but that'ts option one. After first one the
remainder will be very easy.

I'm also investing in a DIY surge protector per system as the three
UPS I had were no protection and failed.

David