[ntp:questions] Do I have a lock to my NMEA GPS?

Ralph Aichinger ralph at pangea.at
Mon Nov 12 15:08:55 UTC 2012

Terje Mathisen <"terje.mathisen at tmsw.no"> wrote:
> I.e. the maximum power of the Sure GPS is 0x32 or 50, corresponding to
> the 100 mA which is guaranteed by the USB 1.0 spec. :-)

This is good news for anybody using the Raspberry Pi.

So is it actually possible to power the Sure GPS from the Pi USB
port in practice, as long as the power supply has enough current
for 700mA (the Pi itself)+100mA? Does that really work, has anybody
tried?

/ralph -- I've ordered one, based on the many postive
          reviews. It seems a bargain.