[ntp:questions] NTP.ORG MEINBERG KEEP TIME ACCURATE to 10MS

gbusenberg at yahoo.com gbusenberg at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 13 21:24:19 UTC 2012

I am not sure if this is possible.  I have a requirement from a customer that the time must be within 10ms of the parent server which is on the same LAN.  I have tried several different things without an luck.  NTP Time seems to get up to 400ms with defaults.

I have tried to put the following within my ntp.conf file

tinker panic 0 step .3 stepout 60
driftfile <default>
server 10.1.126.204 iburst minpoll 5
server 127.127.1.0
fudge 127.127.1.0 stratum 12

If it is not possible to do 10ms, then I want to get the time as close as possible.  I really don't know much about NTP.  I have tried my best to search the web as much as possible however most people inclucding myself never use the tinker other than with panic 0.