[ntp:questions] NTP.ORG MEINBERG KEEP TIME ACCURATE to 10MS

gbusenberg at yahoo.com gbusenberg at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 14 00:13:26 UTC 2012

Thanks everybody.  Seems like everybody.  I have removed the tinker line and agree that it sounds like these two lines are not needed either.  They were the defualts.

> server 127.127.1.0
> fudge 127.127.1.0 stratum 12

I am running 5 Windows 2008 Servers on HM DL380G7 servers so the hardware definitely shouldn't be the problem.  I also have one PC which is running Windows 7.

I am running a new version of the Meinberg that was recently posted.  Before this version, the pervsious version was 3 years old.  This version I am running is from June and is based off of NTP.org 4.2.6p5.

I got the time difference from the ntpq -p

     remote           refid      st t when poll reach   delay   offset  jitter
*10.1.126.204    20.200.0.1       3 u    6   32  377    0.195   69.210  18.585

I am now left with two lines in ntp.conf

driftfile "C:\Program Files\NTP\etc\ntp.drift"
server 10.1.126.204 iburst minpoll 5

The customer only has a single NTP for me to connect to and I don't have internet access on the machines have NTP configured on.