[ntp:questions] NTP.ORG MEINBERG KEEP TIME ACCURATE to 10MS

unruh unruh at invalid.ca
Wed Nov 14 00:49:17 UTC 2012

On 2012-11-14, gbusenberg at yahoo.com <gbusenberg at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks everybody.  Seems like everybody.  I have removed the tinker line and agree that it sounds like these two lines are not needed either.  They were the defualts.
>
>> server 127.127.1.0
>> fudge 127.127.1.0 stratum 12
>

> I am running 5 Windows 2008 Servers on HM DL380G7 servers so the hardware definitely shouldn't be the problem.  I also have one PC which is running Windows 7.

ARe those virtual servers, or do they have control of the hardware (I
hae no idea what HM DL380G7 means). Recall that windows is not the best
architecture for timing.

> I am running a new version of the Meinberg that was recently posted.  Before this version, the pervsious version was 3 years old.  This version I am running is from June and is based off of NTP.org 4.2.6p5.
>
> I got the time difference from the ntpq -p
>
>      remote           refid      st t when poll reach   delay   offset  jitter
> *10.1.126.204    20.200.0.1       3 u    6   32  377    0.195   69.210  18.585

How long had it been running for? If it is less than a few hours, this
has no bearing on the long term accuracy of the system. I note that the
delay is .195 ms, which says that your long term accuracy should be much
less than that.