[ntp:questions] NTP.ORG MEINBERG KEEP TIME ACCURATE to 10MS

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Wed Nov 14 18:26:32 UTC 2012

On 14/11/2012 11:25, David Woolley wrote:
[]
> Especially if the stratum one server isn't local, setting a low maxpoll
> will cause the time to track propagation asymmetries in your network
> connection.  You will get low offset, but relatively large time errors,
> which could easily exceed the offsets.

Good point, which is why I suggested low maxpoll for the client PCs
talking to a local, rather than remote, NTP server.  Perhaps this didn't
quite come across.  I gather that the important thing for this
application is that the client PCs should be as well in-sync to the
/local/ NTP server as possible, not that they all are as near as
possible to UTC.  If syncing to the remote server is important I would
reconsider.
--
Cheers,
David