[ntp:questions] NTP.ORG MEINBERG KEEP TIME ACCURATE to 10MS

Thu Nov 15 01:49:53 UTC 2012

gbusenberg at yahoo.com wrote:> syncs time with 20.200.0.1
>      remote         refid st t when poll reach delay  offset jitter
> *20.200.0.1 132.163.4.101  2 u  407  512  377  0.051 119.693 37.748
>
> 20.200.0.1 only supports NTP Version 3

While 20.200.0.1 is a publicly routable IP address {unlike 10.0.0.0/8},
 Directly assigned to Computer Sciences Corporation in Falls Church, VA, US
 (CSC-68) {IPADM299-ARIN, padmin at csc.com}

 It doesn't appear to be currently routed {Perhaps due to hurricane Sandy?}
  Although I can't find any recent route announcements for it either;
   and several routing databases historical data suggests it hasn't hasn't for a long time
   {since perhaps the late 90's}.

Either you are using a internet routable address assigned to someone else,
 as a local private IP {Which you should never do};
 or there isn't really a ntp server at 20.200.0.1

 Perhaps you are just munging that server's real IP address?

  will be added to the BlackLists.