[ntp:questions] Enclosure for Sure Electronics GPS board

Ralph Aichinger ralph at pangea.at
Thu Nov 15 09:15:02 UTC 2012

I've ordered a Sure Electronics GPS for my Raspberry Pi.

http://www.sureelectronics.net/gallery.php?id=99&img=6353

Like the Raspi itself, it is sold without an enclosure. Unlike
the Raspi there is not enough of a market for custom cases for
this board.

As there are several people here using this board: What
kind of enclosure are you using? Or are you just using the
board "naked" (which I would rather avoid, as accidents
can and will happen, and I am not convinced this board
will survive coffeespills or similar)?

If there is a case by a manufacturer selling to Europe
(like Hammond Electronics, Bopla, Teko) that is a perfect
fit, I would be especially happy. I suppose for use without
the DB9 serial connector, I just need to drill a larger hole
for the mini-USB, another one for the antenna, and a third
one for the 4 GPIO connections (GNS, RXD, TXD, PPS)?

Bonus points for a flat (not much higher than the board)
enclosure.

TIA
/ralph