[ntp:questions] Motorola Oncore GPS as Stratum 1 source

Hahn, Ron ron.hahn at fmr.com
Wed Oct 17 12:27:19 UTC 2012

Colleagues,

I am putting together some Motorola Oncore UT+ boards to replace my Sure boards in my ntp servers.  I am using this http://www.tapr.org/gps_vpib.html board as the templat for the interface circuits.  The circuit calls for a BR2325 battery which I cannot find in the local parts store.  Is there a person on this list with experiences of this board design that can tell me what I can substitute for this part?  Or maybe it is not necessary?  I am not even sure if the battery is necessary but from my experiences the boards go from a cold start whenever power is interrupting. One of my servers is part of the ntp pool so I am needing the rapid recovery if the power is interrupted. My systems are on the UPS so maybe this battery is not required?

Thanks for the helping hands,

Ron