[ntp:questions] Motorola Oncore GPS as Stratum 1 source

Hahn, Ron ron.hahn at fmr.com
Thu Oct 18 15:55:16 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike S [mailto:mikes at flatsurface.com]
Sent: 18 October 2012 13:14
To: Hahn, Ron
Cc: questions at lists.ntp.org
Subject: Re: [ntp:questions] Motorola Oncore GPS as Stratum 1 source

On 10/17/2012 8:27 AM, Hahn, Ron wrote:
> The circuit calls for a BR2325 battery which I
> cannot find in the local parts store.

Looking at the docs for that board, it is not properly documented. If
you look for the given Digikey part number (P202-NC -> P202-ND) It
appears that it actually uses a BR2325/HCN, and not a BR2325. Both are
Panasonic lithium coin cells, but the former has solder leads. Any 3V
lithium coin cell with similar lead spacing (or a socket/cell combo),
20.5 mm, should work fine.

Hello Mike,

I am not really understanding the full purpose of the battery but Maplin here in Ireland does not know of this BR2325.  So I am now thinking that I can if possible use another 3v coin cell for this purpose.  I did look on the Digi Key web site and the number P202-NC does not come up.

If the battery is 3v I am wondering if the capacity is important for this purpose?  Maplin have other coin cells 3v I will look at in the shop.

Thanks for the helping hands,

Ron