[ntp:questions] Motorola Oncore GPS as Stratum 1 source

Richard B. Gilbert rgilbert88 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 18 20:07:59 UTC 2012

On 10/17/2012 8:27 AM, Hahn, Ron wrote:
> Colleagues,
>
> I am putting together some Motorola Oncore UT+ boards to replace my Sure boards in my ntp servers.  I am using this http://www.tapr.org/gps_vpib.html board as the templat for the interface circuits.  The circuit calls for a BR2325 battery which I cannot find in the local parts store.  Is there a person on this list with experiences of this board design that can tell me what I can substitute for this part?  Or maybe it is not necessary?  I am not even sure if the battery is necessary but from my experiences the boards go from a cold start whenever power is interrupting. One of my servers is part of the ntp pool so I am needing the rapid recovery if the power is interrupted. My systems are on the UPS so maybe this battery is not required?
>
> Thanks for the helping hands,
>
> Ron

Please use your return key!!  The first line of your message runs right
off my screen!  sixty to one hundred characters per line seems a
reasonable length to me.  Greater lengths may be difficult for some
people to read!

The battery you are seeking is available at Amazon.com for $3.99 U.S.
for one battery.  Another seller is offering a package of five for $9.95
U.S.

YMMV!