[ntp:questions] Motorola Oncore GPS as Stratum 1 source

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.invalid
Fri Oct 19 06:51:11 UTC 2012

Richard B. Gilbert wrote:
> On 10/18/2012 6:50 PM, Rick Jones wrote:
>> Richard B. Gilbert <rgilbert88 at comcast.net> wrote:
>>> That's great.  I suppose there's no hope of getting Microsoft to fix
>>> Office?
>>
>> I suspect that Office automagically wraps long lines when displaying
>> messages, meaning that in an "Office" context there is nothing
>> perceived to be broken.
>>

> That's great IF you are using some Microsoft product on both ends of the
> link.  Do I sense MONOPOLY at work?

This mis-feature dates back to the very first Windows email software.
The people who wrote it didn't actually understand email standards, and
applied the Windows convention that newline actually means new
paragraph, when the standards said that newline means newline.

Unfortunately Windows users tended to mail to Windows users, and though
that wrapping was the normal.  Also Windows users tend to top quote, so
are not invonvenienced by the inability to insert a comment between two
lines.