[ntp:questions] Using Trimble TSIP under Linux

John Hasler jhasler at newsguy.com
Mon Oct 29 12:30:11 UTC 2012

pk writes:
> ntpd will be in /usr/bin or /usr/sbin.  On my pi the /usr/sbin is the
> one in use.  Just copy across your newly built binary and restart with
> a "sudo /etc/init.d/ntp restart"

No, don't do that.  /usr/local/, which is intended for locally-compiled
software, is at the front of your PATH and so your local ntpd will be
found before the one the package-management system installed in
/usr/sbin/.  You'll want to edit or replace the initscript in
/etc/init.d/ntp.  Just fix the DAEMON line at the top of the script.
--
John Hasler
jhasler at newsguy.com
Dancing Horse Hill