[ntp:questions] Using Trimble TSIP under Linux

A C agcarver+ntp at acarver.net
Mon Oct 29 23:29:06 UTC 2012

On 10/29/2012 16:07, unruh wrote:
> On 2012-10-29, A C <agcarver+ntp at acarver.net> wrote:
>> On 10/28/2012 22:36, David Taylor wrote:
>>> On 29/10/2012 03:32, A C wrote:
>>> []
>>>
>>> I would if I knew where to find it!
>>
>> If it's based off Debian then it's usually /var/log/ or /var/log/ntpd/
>> otherwise find / -name ntpd.log should answer your question :)
>
> No they are called  peerstats.????????
> orloopstats.???????? or loopstats.????????
> where ???????? is the date in yyyymmdd format.
> /var/log/ntp are usually where they are placed.
>
> Themessages from ntpd itself often go into /var/log/messages.
> grep ntpd /var/log/messages

The main log isn't called *stats.* in any configuration that I've seen. :)

All of my systems' messages for ntpd just happen to end up in
/var/log/ntp/ntpd.log and everything else is under /var/log/ntp/ in one
form or another.  That's why I had suggested that search.  I forget that
it can go to messages if not configured that way but it's been so long
since I configured my systems to record to independent files.  I just
carry the config over every time I upgrade the base system.