[ntp:questions] NTP tunning for OWD measurements

Rick Jones rick.jones2 at hp.com
Mon Oct 29 23:25:35 UTC 2012

unruh <unruh at invalid.ca> wrote:
> ??? An adequate gps can be had for $50, so if I place one at each
> place, the total cost is of order a few hundred dollars. Ie, less
> than your salary for a week, and certainly less than your salary
> while doing this research.

I cannot speak to the physical plant conditions for
Pedro's/pret3nder's project, but if these systems are in machine
rooms, I suspect the greater "cost" in terms of both money and effort
would be getting an antenna line run to somewhere where it can
actually see satellites.

rick jones
                                     where do you want to be today?
feel free to post, OR email to rick.jones2 in hp.com  but NOT BOTH...