[ntp:questions] What is the NTP recovery time from 16s step in GPS server?

Rob nomail at example.com
Wed Oct 31 17:22:44 UTC 2012

I see errors that are related to permission.

I would recommend to type in the session before you do anything else:

sudo sh

or: sudo bash

When it works ok you should have a shell running as root, and then
you can stop the service and start gpsd without the risk that you
start to run it as user 1000 (which appears to be happening according
to the logs), and this user probably is not allowed to use the serial
port.

There are various things you could do to allow serial port access for
the user, but it should not be required as gpsd normally starts as
root to open the port and then changes to user nobody for its server
activities.

Is /dev/ttyACM0 the name for the USB serial port?  Is there a
/dev/ttyUSB0?  Maybe you could try that.

Using USB ports in a service started at boot time should normally
work ok, but when it has issues on the Raspberry maybe it could
be solved by delaying the startup of gpsd a bit.  But don't try to
tackle all issues at the same time.

The log output of the Time with offset 16 is OK.  What does it
show when you powercycle the receiver?