[ntp:questions] System time changes only on restarting ntpd service and query about iterating through the sources

Arpith Nayak arpithnayak at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 08:27:29 UTC 2012

Hi all,
I'm running into this problem.  The system time is set to 1970 after every
system reboot. The first time I enable ntpd it is contacting the ntp source
and getting the updated time. However it is unable to change the system
time immediately. Only after I stop the service and start it again does the
system time get changed. Has anyone else observed this behaviour? Also is
there any way to iteratively consult the various server addresses given in
the ntp.conf file?

Regards,
Arpith