[ntp:questions] continuous ntpd crasches.

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.invalid
Sat Sep 8 14:05:29 UTC 2012

samurai wrote:
> Hello.
> I've two servers with debian squeeze and in cluster with
> heartbeat+pacemaker.
> They run ntpd for time synchronize.
> I've noticed some ntpd crashes in random days and random hour.
> Logs don't say why.
> Can you suggest what can I do to know the reasons for the crash.

Please provide a backtrace from the core dump.  Adjust your start up
scripts to ensure you get one.

At the very least please provide your configuration file, the system
logging for ntpd up to the crash, the version of ntpd (ntpd versioning
not just Debian) and output of the ntpq peers command before the crash.