[ntp:questions] System time ramps forcing step correction?

Sun Sep 9 22:41:45 UTC 2012

A C wrote:
> Has anyone seen a system with GPS/PPS have its system
>  time ramp/slew ahead by over a second requiring a step
>  correction?

Prefer the PPS source?

GPS time is usually only second relative without the PPS,
 and will sometimes drift around a lot within the second
 on non timing GPSes.

 I have GPS chips on embedded systems that the serial sentence
  always seems to wander around 20ms to 50ms.

  will be added to the BlackLists.