[ntp:questions] Testing throughput in NTP servers

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Wed Sep 12 16:47:27 UTC 2012

On Sep 12, 2012, at 5:28 AM, Ulf Samuelsson wrote:
> Anyone knows if there are any available Linux based S/W to test the throughput of NTP servers?
> I.E:
>
> 	packets per second?
> 	% of lost packets
> 	etc?

To _measure_ those things, I'd probably use tcpdump, possibly plus some of the NTP traffic
graphing scripts that various folks have contributed.  For actually generating a load, one
can either script calls via ntpdate or similar, or simply add the server to the NTP pool,
especially if your IP gets vended to the Turk Telekom netblocks.  :-)

Regards,
--
-Chuck