[ntp:questions] New Meinberg Installer for NTP 4.2.6p5

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Fri Sep 14 14:18:54 UTC 2012

On 14/09/2012 13:39, Heiko Gerstung wrote:

> Hi Everyone!
>
> It took a while, but I just published the Meinberg Installer for 4.2.6p5 which has been requested by a lot of people for a
> while. Sorry that this has been delayed for so long!
>
> I kindly ask everyone interested to check out our news release article:
> http://www.meinberg.de/english/news/software-new-ntp-version-for-windows-4-2-6p5-.htm
>
> You can download the installer from here:
> http://www.meinberg.de/english/sw/ntp.htm
>
> The nickname of this installer is "London", because we really enjoyed watching the 2012 Olympic Games and 2012 Paralympic
> Games in London last month ;-) ...
>
> As always, I would appreciate any feedback and comments and bug reports!
>
> Best Regards,
>    Heiko

Many thanks for that, Heiko.  I have updated my set of user instructions:

   http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/setup.html

to refer to the new version, although I have not as yet updated the
screen-shots.

One comment is that as the user may wish to edit the ntp.conf file after
installation, that file should not be in the typical C:\Program Files\
tree, as the user will be unable to write to that file in Windows Vista
or later.  Consequently I recommend installing to C:\Tools\NTP\ and this
is included in my notes.

Your making this installer available is very much appreciated, as I know
that many hundreds of users of one popular program are using NTP and
your installation for their timekeeping software.
--
Cheers,
David