[ntp:questions] NTP client configuration

Fri Sep 28 01:35:25 UTC 2012

Benjamin CABUT wrote:
> -> our time source is the local clock of one computer.
>  wich I guess is accurate.

Probably not.

> I mean, we don't need to get the correct time in our
>  application, but we need that all computers shares the
>  same time even if it wrong compared to UTC.

You might be able to get get what you want by
 using orphan mode instead of localclock;

  and messing with the e.g. ntp conf tos and tinker options
   to deal with your unstable timebases.

> Do you know how I can proceed to get "offset" value in a source code?

Pick your poison.
<http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~ntp/ntp_spool/ntp4/ntp-dev/>

I'd probably first look at the source code:
 ntp-dev-4.2.7p306/ntpq and/or ntp-dev-4.2.7p306/sntp

FYI: Lots applications use NTPq to get that kind of
      information for them.

  will be added to the BlackLists.