[ntp:questions] Pool monitoring

AlisonW alisonw at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 21:56:41 UTC 2013

Something which has puzzled me for ages but keep not getting around to asking ...

My server is allocated for UK and European use only, yet the monitoring is performed from Los Angeles - with the whole continental USA and Atlantic ocean to add transmission delays.

Is LA the only monitoring location (ie used no matter where your server is / serves) or can it be reselected to something with the area one seeks to serve?

Separately, I note that the same server, on the same physical connection, gets randomly different monitoring times/scores depending on whether IPv4 or (native) IPv6 is used.

AlisonW