[ntp:questions] Synchronizing against a free-running server

detha detha at foad.co.za
Mon Apr 15 14:18:02 UTC 2013

On Mon, 15 Apr 2013 13:22:57 +0100, David Woolley wrote:

> detha wrote:
>
>> It's what w32time seems to do (I don't know too much about windows, so
>> maybe that can be tweaked)
>

> Recent versions of w32time can be tweaked to be NTP compliant, or at least
> more or less so, but supporting a local clock driver is not part or the
> requirements of the standard.

Thanks for pointing me at the root dispersion.

For future reference: 'w32tm /localclockdispersion:0 /update' seems to
turn w32time from a bad liar into an accomplished liar - at least it works
in my test setup. Totally broken solution, do not try this at home, but
for now it will do what I need until I can a better solution approved and
in place.

-d