[ntp:questions] Thunderbolt at NTP ref clock.

Dave Baxter spam at goes.nowhere.com
Tue Aug 6 08:18:04 UTC 2013

Subject: Re: Thunderbolt at NTP ref clock.
From: DaveB <spam at goes.nowhere.com>

In article <6C1FE0E5A70C9640B597F869A899C017033BD406 at tmpExch.non-
stop.com.au>, marks at non-stop.com.au says...

> Sorry typo - 74AC121 should say 74AC123

No Worries.

I'm an long time hardware fiddler too, so monostables (IC and descrete)
are understood by me.  (As well as multi kW broadband RF amps and
transmission lines.)  Thanks anyway.

LH can indeed control the PPS signal, but only turn it on or off, or
change it's polarity, & position (delay) wrt selected reference time
(cable delay and all that.)

The default is 0 to +5V, the "other" polarity, is 0 to -5V.  I checked
with my trusty Tek 465 (and through term!)  No ability to adjust the
pulse width/duration, so a stretcher will be built.

Cheers.

DaveB.