[ntp:questions] Failure modes on Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit

Olo Burrows bote.prodigy at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 14:41:56 UTC 2013

On Monday, August 12, 2013 7:20:31 AM UTC-4, David Taylor wrote:
> On 12/08/2013 11:47, Olo Burrows wrote:
>
> > Has anyone experienced a failure of the Meinberg ntp binaries to run on Windows Server 2008 R2?
>

> There is a brief discussion of this issue here:
>
>    http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/setup.html#build
>
> Scroll down to the paragraph: OpenSSL version issue
>
> You could try the 4.2.7p348 binaries I have here:
>
>    http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/x86/index.html
>
> or even a more recent version such as 4.2.7p382
>
> --
>
> Cheers,
>
> David
>
> Web: http://www.satsignal.eu

I tried those binaries hoping it would solve this problem and provide the additional benefits included in them. They all flatly refused to run.

I also tried the suggestion to give more rights to the ntp account. I went so far as to include the ntp user in the Administrators group. Still no joy.

Thanks for the suggestions, though.