[ntp:questions] Failure modes on Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit

Danny Mayer mayer at pdmconsulting.net
Tue Aug 13 12:08:42 UTC 2013

On 8/13/2013 1:51 AM, Olo Burrows wrote:
> By the way, I did download and install the Visual C++ runtime for
> 2010 and 2012, not knowing which would apply. My tests led me to
> believe that neither one helped, despite my expectations. But perhaps
> the reboot for the other updates and packages that I later installed
> allowed it to complete its installation even though it did not prompt
> me to do so at the time.

I cannot speak about the Meinberg installer but there is nothing about
the install that requires a restart and my installers never require
that. It would take some digging around your system to figure out what
happened. I might have an opportunity in a month or so to install ntpd
on a W2k8 box, but using my own installer and that would give me an idea
of what's going on.

Danny