[ntp:questions] Start of new GPS 1024 week epoch

Mark C. Stephens marks at non-stop.com.au
Wed Aug 14 12:28:28 UTC 2013

Um Let's see, Datum was bought by Austron, who was bought by ... etc.
For collectors such as myself, having this 'mature' equipment still working is great.

Looking at Mr Malone's code, he added 2 lines which enabled NTPD compatibility with GPS receivers that would have long ago have been sent to the TIP as waste.

It is shame as a society we are being trained to consume.
New model phone, got to have it so they queue up outside the shop 2 days before its released.
Never mind they have a fully functional working phone already! Just got to have the latest.

We need to start reducing our waste product,
These manufacturers that design equipment to die a month after the warranty finishes should be put on the wall of shame for a start.

But, I digress off subject for this newsgroup...

I have heard of people in desperation trying to patch the firmware of the receiver. But along came David with his patch for NTPD and put a lot of us at rest.

Thanks David :)

--marki