[ntp:questions] Start of new GPS 1024 week epoch

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Wed Aug 14 15:59:14 UTC 2013

On 14/08/2013 12:54, unruh wrote:
[]
> Except of course if the rd_timestamp.l_i is way out (that is why one
> would want to use a gps clock to fix it-- eg on bootup with the
> Raspberry Pi say),
[]

Could you not use something like the timestamp of some file (e.g. the
drift file) or other system file to get the approximate year?  I haven't
studied the code (I find C not easy to read or navigate) so perhaps it
already does this.  Then you would only need to set the real time once?

As it happens, all of my RPi pack will have an Internet source as well,
and they all have recent GPS receivers which (I hope) don't have this
issue....
--
Cheers,
David