[ntp:questions] Acutime Gold

Thu Aug 15 20:58:47 UTC 2013

Mark C. Stephens wrote:
> remote           refid  st t when poll reach  delay   offset  jitter
> oPPS(0)          .PPS.   0 l    4   16  377   0.000   -0.003   0.005
> *GPS_PALISADE(0) .GPS.   0 l    4   16  377   0.000    0.014   0.002
>
> For the above wouldn't I need to advance PPS by time1 0.003?

I don't think so.

> And retard the palisade by time1 -0.014?
> Assuming these are the average values.
>
> Because I tried those values and the PPS got marked bad ticker and the palisade
>  was unreachable!

AFAIK, the way most people do it, is to have several refclocks / servers,
 and change to noselect, the one you want to check the serial end
 of line offset; let it run for a day or two, and take the average.

According to the driver doc,
 a serial end of line time1 offset of around 20ms is common.

You might also need to increase the mindist.

You might also want to prefer the PPS.

  will be added to the BlackLists.